Stephen K. Vetter
Steve practices primarily in the fields of taxation, closely-held businesses and exempt organizations. Steve's experience includes general corporate and partnership transactions as well as real estate acquisitions and finance. His tax practice includes Federal tax matters relating to entity selection, formation, transfer of ownership, and operational issues such as executive compensation. He also specializes in the formation of off-shore investment vehicles designed to minimize exposure to U.S. taxation.
Steve received his B.S. in engineering and J.D. from the University of California, Davis, and his LL.M. (Taxation), with distinction, from the Georgetown University Law Center. He received his M.B.A. from the University of Maryland, College Park, with concentrations in Finance and Industry/Competitor Analysis. Steve is a member of the bar in California, Colorado, and the District of Columbia and is admitted to appear before the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Ninth and Seventh Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is a member of The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law.
Steve served as attorney-advisor for the Honorable Charles E. Clapp II, United States Tax Court, in Washington, D.C. From 1991-1992, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Volney V. Brown, Jr., Chief United States Magistrate Judge, in Los Angeles, CA.
- Advise non-US trustee on restructuring of trust investments to minimize US taxation and reporting
- Structure and implement US real estate investments for non-US investors
- Formation of US and non-US charitable vehicles
- Design and implement intra-family derivative structure for use with GRATs
- Negotiate and draft commercial agreements for technology companies, including financing, purchase/sale, and services agreements
Direct Fax: 202.318.4451
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
For a list of Steve's publications and presentations, click here.